Kodi 17 features a huge amount of work in areas like video playback, live TV and PVR/DVR, the music library, skinning and more. It features a new default skin, as well as a new default touchscreen skin, named Estuary and Estouchy, respectively. With all this work done over the months some bugs might slip through and were hoping to quickly squash the coming beta releases. The changes for this fourth beta are the result of the continuous effort from the developers, either from inside the team or outside to get v17 into final release shape. and any outside. We sure would like to thank every one involved with either development, testing or simply helping out others with question. Below is a condensed list of fixes and changes done in this beta 4 release.
Fixes done in this Beta 4:
• Fix certain types of 16bit encoded passthrough streams on OSX
• Fix activate/deactivate on read only timers
• Fix reading interlaced modes from defaultsettings when set to none
• Fix compilation albums, last played rules and fix missing sort order rules in smartplaylists
• Fix relative seeks on video playback
• Fix info dialog for recordings on home screen
• Don’t load inputstreams on startup if they are disabled
• Fix subsequent seeks with video playback
• Explicitly check for DTS capability for making settings visible
• Add ARMv8A 64bit builds for Android
• Add GetLastModifiedDate to the webserver
• Fix playback of DVD ISO files
• Fix focus of list items in media windows (like plugins)
• Change spinners options in smartplaylist editors to a select menu
• Add workaround for AMD/ATI cards regarding interlaced content
• Fix gapless playback for music
• Fix controller on NVIDIA Shield TV not working after it when to sleep
• Fix video playback when skipping beyond end of file on mp4 videos
• Improve crashlog reporting for UWP app in Windows Store
• Export max ratings to NFO files by default
• Fix hardware decoding on some mpeg2 files and DVDs for AMD/ATI cards as their drivers aren’t that good
• Fix aspect ratio calculation for 3D modes
• Fix video playback in image slideshows
• Fix channel group change in PVR
• Fix several memory leaks
A full list can be found here
• Upgrading the skin you are currently using fails on Windows.
• Possible video freezes on Raspberry Pi and Android.
We are trying to find the cause solve these problems. Of course there are some more however these are the most noticeable ones.
As previously noted, this is only a small summary of all the improvements in Kodi 17. For more, see the Alpha 2 and Alpha 3 posts. Should you want to download and install this build please visit our download page. You can install these build just on top of your current Kodi installation.
Please report any problems on our forum http://forum.kodi.tv and not on the release announcement. Don’t forget we also have some official tablet/phone remote controls for both Android and iOS. You can find the links to them on the download page.
Source: Kodi Team