This is the fourth Release Candidate for our upcoming v17.0 “Krypton” which contains our continuous effort to further improve v17.0 before we make it final. Our team will certainly try to tackle as much of the reported problems as possible with the limited resources we have. We do want to note that since we are just a small team some of the reported bugs might not get fixed due to lack of developers or time. As such we would certainly welcome any developer who has the ability to help us out to try and fix the bugs he or she encounters and submit it to our code base for review. We sure would like to thank every one involved with either development, testing or simply helping out others with answering their questions.
Fixes done in this release candidate:
• Update Estuary and Estouchy with some bugfixes and improvements
• Fix Kodi not starting on some phones running Android 7
• Revert changes that disabled plugin listing cache that which caused reduced browsing speed
• Fix the cause of favourites not refreshing
• Fix add-ons not being added to favourites if done through add-on manager
• Update our default webinterface Chorus2 with several fixes and features
• Fix possible deadlock when installing/uninstalling PVR add-ons
• Fix possible failed add-on installs on Windows with a retry
• Fix changing song ratings
• Make sure to stop playback before uninstalling a PVR add-on
• Try to handle graphics failures due to bad graphics driver on Windows
• Fix long timeout for certain audio streams
A full list can be found here
In our first Release Candidate announcement we’ve already covered most of the new features. Should you have missed this you can of course still read up on it here: Kodi v17.0 “Krypton” Release Candidate
Krypton nightly builds
As you may have noticed we only release a new beta or release candidate once in a while that includes a list of fixes that were done since previous release. Additionally we also create these so called nightly builds specifically for Krypton that include the latest fixes that our developers have included and will end up in the next beta, release candidate or final release. By providing these builds we hope that users who install these will help us confirm the problem was fixed or identify if we accidentally created a regression from previous builds made. These nightlies are safe to install on top of the Kodi v17 you already have installed on your device and can be found on the download page. Be sure to get these builds from the Krypton folder and not from any other.
Should you want to download and install this build please visit our download page. You can install these build just on top of your current Kodi installation without doing a reinstall or cleanup as we do a full migration if needed.