This is the Release Candidate for our upcoming bugfix release v17.1 “Krypton” which contains our continuous effort to further improve the v17 release. Our team will certainly try to tackle as much of the reported problems as possible with the limited resources we have. We do want to note that since we are just a small team some of the reported bugs might not get fixed due to lack of developers or time. As such we would certainly welcome any developer who has the ability to help us out to try and fix the bugs he or she encounters and submit it to our code base for review. We sure would like to thank everyone involved with either development, testing or simply helping out others with answering their questions.
RTMP inputstream add-on now included for Windows systems
Among other improvements that have been implemented in this first Release Candidate build of Kodi 17.1 “Krypton,” we can mention better plugin performance when building the content list and better keyboard mapping during button mapping. An RTMP (Real-Time Messaging Protocol) inputstream add-on is also included for Windows systems.
Fixes done in this release candidate:
• Update Estuary and Estouchy with some bugfixes and improvements
• Fix EDL skipping
• Fix slow song smartplaylist
• Several PVR fixes
• Update Chorus webinterface
• Fix addons not being marked broken when they are updated with broken flag
• Add limiter on random songs which should prevent large memory usage on big libraries
• Improve keyboard mapping during button mapping
• Improve analog stick handling
• Improve plugin performance when building the content list
• Include RTMP inputstream add-on for Windows
Should you want to download and install this build please visit the official kodi download page. You can install these build just on top of your current Kodi installation without doing a reinstall or cleanup as we do a full migration if needed.
Please report any problems on our forum http://forum.kodi.tv and not on the release announcement as it is not a reporting or help section. Don’t forget we also have some official tablet/phone remote controls for both Android and iOS. You can find the links to them on the download page.